Sunday, December 28, 2014

Kris Carr, Jay Kordich and Juicing

I woke up this morning to a great email from KrisCarr.com. If you don't know about Kris Carr, you should. Seriously, head right on over to her website and check her out … her story will inspire you.

Seriously, she inspired me to make my first juice in my new juicer.  A little more about that in a second ...

I have been having some pain in my stomach area - that's a big part of why about a month ago I decided to cut out solid foods and drink lots of juice. But I didn't have a juicer so I have been buying HPP cold pressed raw juice which has been really tasty and keeping me feeling great and nourished.  I've been having a light dinner each day, starting with soups and now adding in cooked greens and some other veggies.   I've been feeling a lot better, with more energy, less pain and oh yeah, I lost a few pounds too.

By the way, in the bottled juice world, HPP stands for 'high pressure pascalization or processing' - which basically means they use high pressure to keep the juice fresh for a longer shelf life without having to heat it up like is done with pasteurization. Heating the juice causes some of the vital nutrients to be lost. It's essentially cooking the juice.   Opt for HPP for fresh squeezed whenever you can.

Anyway, Kris' email this morning was inspiring. Here is the web page it took me to. Seriously worth your look. I'm planning to print up and laminate this page and keep it by my fridge and juicer.

I just made my first juice in my Omega VSJ843RS. It turned out great. My produce was a little old so it did leave wetter pulp than it should have. My bad. I made the recipe in this video. It's fascinating.



Anyway, it doesn't seem like the tastiest juice out there, but I figure it can't hurt so I'd give it a try. And now that the juicing is done it wasn't so hard, and clean up with the Omega really is pretty simple so I'm looking forward to going to the grocery store and buying some more produce for my next juice concoction.

No comments:

Post a Comment